Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Starting my HAED

I ordered my first HAED chart last week. 'The Waiting'. It is a lovely picture which I have in my sidebar at the right. I have ordered my 25 count lugana fabric which I have almost completed gridding in 10 by 10 blocks. I am going to use 2 threads using 90 DMC colours. I managed to get the threads off ebay for 47 cents each. That is much better than the $1.20 that the local craft shop charges! The fabric cost $40.18 for half a metre, 140cm by 51cm. I can use it for 2 projects as it is double what I need. I already had 10 of the colours I needed so I ordered 80 colours which cost $37.99.


I also ordered 12 size 28 piecemaker needles for $9.70. The chart itself cost $19US as I ordered the one with the larger symbols. This turned out to be $22.18AU as the Australian dollar is doing well against the US dollar.


The only thing that hasn't arrived yet are the threads as they are coming from Hong Kong. I am expecting them today!


I have almost finished another cross stitch I am doing. Its a kid's growth chart and looks terrific!
I have been working hard to finish it off in time before all my materials arrive for my HAED! This growth chart is done on 14 count AIDA. The HAED is done on 25 count Lugana evenweave. Each stitch is done over 1 thread so there are 25 stitches to the inch! What a challenge compared to the chart!

No comments:

Post a Comment