Here is my first WIP photo. I estimate I have done over 1200 stitches. It has been fun and very time consuming. I have gridded the fabric 10 by 10 threads with ordinary sewing cotton. I tried to get sulky metallic thread as I heard it was better as you can stitch over it and just pull it out rather than remove it as you go but I wasn't successful in finding it. But the cotton is working out quite well. I tried cross country stitching with the first 5 squares but it requires too much concentration and is much slower going as you have to keep checking the chart to make sure you don't have any mistakes. With parking you do a line at a time, I have done 2 lines and a bit as well as the 5 squares.
I haven't taken a photo yet, I will try and take one today! But I have progresses with the HAED. I did the first 5 squares cross country but it was taking me so long and I was making mistakes so I have switched to the parking method and it is so much better! So I have finished 5 10 by 10 squares then done the first row and some of the second row. I estimate I have done about 900 stitches so far! Not bad for a few days work!
Ok, I received the threads yesterday. I have put them onto cards into my floss box in numerical order so I am all ready to go. I haven't completely gridded the fabric but I have done over half of it. So far I have done over 250 stitches. When I have more time I will post a photo of my progress.